Eight Great Reasons to Drink Rooibos Tea Posted on 2 Apr 11:32 , 0 comments
If you haven't tried rooibos tea yet, you're going to love it. This aromatic wonder-herb from the Cedarburg Mountains of South Africa is loaded with benefits.
1. Rooibos tea is delicious and aromatic. Unlike a typical watery herbal tea, rooibos has enough body to support creamer and honey to make a satisfying alternative to decaf coffee. Rooibos blends very well with spices and flavorings. Try blending rooibos with orange peel and clove, lavender and coconut, or traditional chai spices.
2. Rooibos naturally contains no caffeine. None. Zero. Zip! And it won't stain your teeth or give you bad breath like decaf coffee will.
3. Rooibos is a potent antioxidant, with an ORAC value of over 2000 for a single tea bag!
4. Rooibos soothes the belly. In its native South Africa, mothers often give diluted rooibos tea to their colicky babies.
5. Rooibos calms the nerves, an especially helpful benefit in these trying times. While not actually a sedative (it won't make you sleepy), rooibos moderates nervous system activity and brings you back to a feeling of "center."
6. Unlike coffee or even decaf, rooibos does not inhibit iron absorption.
7. Rooibos is great for your skin. It contains aspalathic acid, which is a potent skin rejuvenator.
8. Organic rooibos cultivation promotes sustainable agriculture and fair trade in its native South Africa.
Whether you are new to rooibos or have been looking for a great organic source at a fair price, our ECOTEAS roobios tea bags are a great choice. Use coupon code ROOIBOS1 for $1 off your first order of a box of tea bags of this soothing, adaptogenic powerhouse!